Monday, April 30, 2018

A Real Woman is..



by Sarah Eliana


"A real woman always keeps her house clean and organized, the laundry basket is always empty. She is always well dressed, hair done. She never swears, behaves gracefully in all situation and under all circumstances. She has more than enough patience to take care of her family, always has a smile on her lips, and a kind word for everyone. Post this status if you, too, have just realized that you might be a man".

Temenku pasang status itu di FB kemaren. It is funny, isn't it? Tapi, menurutku, di belakang kelucuannya ada kebenaran dan rada2 tragis juga gak sih? =P Di jaman modern gini, kita cewek2 selalu meminta persamaan derajat, emansipasi wanita, girl power, diperlakukan sebagai princesses and queens, bla bla bla. Tapi, lucu... kalo we look inside ourselves as women, we have all failed to be real women. Lahhhh... jadi tragis gak sih kita meneriakkan persamaan derajat, emansipasi, dll, padahal kita sendiri belon 100% memahami  apa itu arti menjadi  "a real woman", atau jangan2 kita meneriakkan hal2 yg feminist karena jauh di dalam hati kita takut that we will never have what it takes to be a true woman (makanya mau persamaan derajat? atau sebenernya mau minta supaya kita jadi cowok aje supaya gak perlu susah2 jadi cewek? hihihi).

Btw, status FB di atas itu baru sebagian lho dari apa yg disebutkan di Amsal 31. Udah baca? Coba deh baca lagi. Asli lho kalo baca Amsal 31 itu, rasanya aku pengen nguburin kepala dalem2 ke tanah! Dan tiap kali baca Amsal 31 itu, seperti ada yg berdengung2 di kepala 'You will NEVER be this woman! You will NEVER have what it takes to be a woman God wants you to be!'. HUH! *dengungan setan*


Setelah baca status FB itu, aku melihat keadaan rumahku. Aje gile .... house clean and organized, laundry basket is always empty?? BORO - BORO!! Ada 1 keranjang cucian yang masih teronggok dipojokan. Mainan si DS ada bertebaran di lantai ruang tamu. Always well dressed, hair done?? HA! Jangan bikin aku ketawa! Abis mandiin anak aja udah basah kuyup! Abis nyapu, ngepel, dll udah keringetan lagi. *rasanya lebih terlihat seperti pembantu daripada istri* She never swears, behaves gracefully ... *tertawa dalam hati* Booohooonnng kalo aku gak pernah have a bad day and dalam hati marah2 ... walaupun gak ada yg denger, toh Tuhan denger. Bahkan, kalau mau jujur, pernah koq kata2 tak senonoh keluar dari mulutku *tertunduk malu*. She has more than enough patience for her family, always has a smile, and a kind word?? *jedukin kepala ke tembok* Kalo DS rewel semaleman aja, kesabaranku udah ilang terbang ke kutub selatan sono! Mama ngantuk, Pooohhh ... kamu tidur juga yachhhhh. 

Girls, siapa diantara kalian yg selalu selalu and selalu have more than enough patience for family and more. Siapa yg selalu tersenyum? Siapa yg selalu dan selalu have a kind word for everyone? Ayukk... acung tangan... Mana??

*koq sepi?* 

Yup! The truth is we haven't always been 'a real woman', right? Apalagi kalo baca Amsal 31, rasanya 'Duh, Tuhan, I have failed as a woman, a wife, a mother, AND a Christian'. Just 2 days ago, aku ngomong begitu ke DH. Seharusnya aku dilahirkan jadi seorang pria... or kata2 tepatnya adalah "I think I would make a better man than a woman!". DH ketawa ngakak (yeeeeeee malah ketawa. I was serious lho, Pak), trus dia bilang "Don't beat yourself up. We are all works in progress. You can't be perfect because you are not God, but He is building you up more and more everyday". *air sejuk di hati yg panas hehe* Nah, abis itu... aku diingetin bahwa kalo aku baca Amsal 31, dan memiliki attitude yang salah, itu akan membuat si iblis dengan mudah menggoda atau memasukkan pikiran2 yg gak beres. Tapi, kalo aku baca Amsal itu (and any other verse in the Bible) with the right heart attitude, I will be blessed.

I can look at my messy house and think "Dang! I'm a BAAAAADD wife!". I can look at my laundry basket that is full with dirty clothes and diapers and think "ARGGHH!! Kill me now!!!". or I can say a prayer...

Dear Lord,

Thank you for this sink of dirty dishes; we have plenty of food to eat.
Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry; we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.

And I would like to thank you, Lord, for those unmade beds; they were so warm & comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.

Many thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom, complete with all splattered mess, soggy, grimy towels, and the dirty lavatory; they are all so convenient.

Thank you for this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly; it has served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks and enough leftovers for two or three meals.

Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today; it has baked so many things over the years.

The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing and lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard.

Thank you, Lord, even for that slamming screen door. My kids are healthy and able to run and play. Many children cannot.

Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says You have richly blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings ... Thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible ... Thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising ... Thank you, Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic with socks that are lost, toast that is burned, tempers that are short, and my children are so loud ... Thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

Even though are breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times not balanced ... Thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous ... Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who are jobless.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest ... Thank you, Lord, for life.
(Author Unknown).

Untukku, I must add to that prayer. Even though Baby Pooh cries needing attention at ungodly hours at night... Lord, thank you for this beautiful precious gift. I still remember when my empty arms ached, and my heart cried out for a bundle of joy to hold.

Dan satu lagi: Eventhough my neighbours fight and scream and yell for the last 9 months, thank you for them, who remind me how gentle and caring my husband is, and how well he treats me. Thank you for my neighbours because somehow their situation gives me a chance to pray and even fast for them, somehow to witness to them (although I still don't know how, but You will show me I'm sure when the time is right). 


"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Dear women of God... have you listened to the devil's whisper saying that you are a failure as a woman, a wife, a mother, a Christian? Don't!!! Capture his lies, and replace it with the TRUTH of the WORD of GOD. You are precious in God's eyes, and He loves you. And remember, you are a work in progress... He is still shaping you, molding you to be the woman He wants you to be. Focus on Him, and let Him do His work. Sometimes it's tough. Sometimes you might feel like you hate your life... But keep your eyes on His Cross, and let Him give you the right heart attitude. :) You are not a failure, you are simply a work in progress. He is not done yet, be patient. The Lord sees the end from the beginning.



"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end".

(Ecclesiastes 3:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! ^^