Thursday, May 22, 2014

If I were the devil ...

 by Sarah Eliana

If I were the devil, I would tell you that small sins don't matter.
... but I am not the devil, so I will tell you this:

ALL sin separates us from God. Small little white lies ... worshipping false gods ... murder ... All are sins that forever separate us from the perfect God.

"For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God"
Romans 3 : 23

If I were the devil, I would tell you that your good deeds are what matter when you stand at Heaven's gate.

... but I am not the devil, so I will tell you this:
You can never go through Heaven's gate based on your good deeds, because there is nothing we can do that can earn our way to Heaven. Believing in your heart that JESUS is the ONE TRUE GOD, and confessing with your mouth that He died for you on the cross, that's what counts.

"And if by grace, then it is no longer by works. If it were, grace would no longer be grace"
Romans 11 : 6

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is LORD", AND believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved
Romans 10 : 9


If I were the devil, I would tell you that a good God can never send any of His creation to hell. It's against His nature.

... but I am not the devil, so I will tell you this:
God is good. He is love. Amen! But He is also wrath. He is perfect and holy, and sin has no place in Heaven. To accept sin .. that is against His nature. 

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord
Romans 6 : 23



If I were the devil, I would tell you that all roads (religions) lead to God. As long as you call on God, no matter the name, He will answer. 

... but I am not the devil, so I will tell you this:
if all roads lead to God ... Jesus, the Prince of Heaven, wouldn't have had to leave His throne and come to earth to die a painful death on the cross. He came because it is only through Him we can find our salvation and eternal life. Jesus is the only way to our salvation because He is THE ONLY ONE who can pay for our sin. 

Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through ME"
John 14 : 6

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is NO OTHER NAME under Heaven given to men by which we must be saved
Acts 4 : 12

If I were the devil, I would tell you that the Bible was written thousands of years ago, and is inapplicable to your modern life now. 

... but I am not the devil, so I will tell you this:
from everlasting to everlasting, God's Word is ALWAYS TRUE. You either believe in the Bible or you don't. You cannot conveniently take out one part of the Bible and claim it as 'inapplicable'. 

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever
Isaiah 40 : 8


If I were the devil, I would tell you that I don't exist. I am just a tale created to scare little children.

... but I am not the devil, so I will tell you this:

the devil does exist. His first and most important mission is to draw you away from Jesus, your Salvation

Be self controlled and alert. 
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour
1 Peter 5 : 8

Children of Christ, 
STAND UP for what you believe in! 
STRIP the devil of his lies! 
DRAW a line on the sand, and STAND on Christ's side ... 
because if you are not FOR Christ, then you are AGAINST Christ. 
There is no middle ground. 

Which side are you on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tentang penulis




Sarah Eliana

Daughter of the King of kings. A happy wife & a proud mommy. Her passion is in missions, literature ministry, and education. Loves to travel, eat Asian food, read, write, and swim. 
(picture drawn by Jules)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! ^^